Wednesday 27 March 2013

Packed My Bags & Leaving On A Jet Plane


//Just a couple of my checklists (excuse the nail polish splatters) - Don't want to forget anything now!//
So its only 1 more sleep! Tomorrow is the day & I'm finally finished packing as of 5 minutes ago.
My original plan for a detailed series of packing checklists didn't quite go to plan, so instead I offer you some shots of my packing for an 18 day Easter trip to California along with a few helpful hints & tips.

//Toiletry bag full of shampoos, conditioners, body butter, hair products etc// 
//The clothes & attire that made the final cut//

Since we're travelling in late March/early April I've gone for the layering approach with regards to clothes. Vest tops & shorts with thin sweaters and shirts to go over the top for an evening if there's a bit of a chill.
There's a couple of pairs of long trousers in there since the mother has been having a panic about what to take because she can't even imagine it not being winter anywhere, bless her.


//Carry on goodies//
//Make-up, electricals & some of the 'essentials'//
The contents of my carry on luggage is your pretty standard stuff:

  • Purse
  • Laptop
  • iPod
  • Kindle
  • Make-up
  • Liquid bag containing moisturiser, mouthwash, hand sanitizer, fresh wipes.
  • Bag of pills & medicines in case of emergency (no one wants to suffer a pressure headache for 10 hours!)
  • Jewellery wrap (the cream purse) - a gift for my last birthday, has come in incredibly handy for transporting all my accessories


 And now for the bags its all going in...

//Spotted wheelie holdall (New Look, approx. £20)//Striped rucksack (Primark, £9)//
I always like to do a bag within a bag kind of thing so that way once I'm through security I can whip out the smaller bag containing the essentials such as purse, phone & iPod & head off to the duty free.
Obviously I don't just abandon the bigger bag, it's left in the safe care of the family members protecting our seats in the lounge :)

So, there you have it. A little glance into how I pack for when I'm travelling long haul.
I'll probably not be blogging much while I'm actually out there although I will be posting snaps to Instagram pretty regularly so if you wish to follow me over there I'm robyinatree

Hope every one has a good Easter break & Bank Holiday weekend & I'll see y'all real soon :)



No comments:

Post a Comment